Sunday, November 1, 2009

Fall Mantle


Today I decided to decorate my mantle for Fall, let me first say I never change the mantle out because I have such a hard time with this giant brick fireplace. However I picked up some white shutters at Habitat a couple weeks ago to help add some height and visual interest against all that brick. So I shopped the house and this is what I came up with. I see in the photo I really need to clean that little mirror the flash sure picked that up...arg... The brass items are from my grandparents home and I remember them always being on their hearth growing up, I am told they are Conquistador stirrups. I made the FALL banner out of burlap and hemp string, just rough cut the burlap into four 5x6 pieces and stenciled the letters on using a black paint pen. Then zigzagged around the edges to keep the rectangles from fraying too bad. Then tied them together with hemp string. So easy and so much fun. I am hearting burlap this fall!!!


Adding this to DIY Day A Soft Place to Land
at
ASPTL

1 comment:

Moore Minutes said...

This is so cute! Well done.